One thing we are always reminded at any of the B.T.S. courses I attend, is to always Trust your Instinct and Intuition. I am recommending two books by Gavin De Becker that were recommended to me through my colleagues in PDR / S.P.E.A.R. These books are very significant to everyone, no matter what your background.
“The Gift Of Fear”
I have only good things to say about this book. I have read it over and over again. Gavin De Becker is renowned in the U.S.A. as the leading expert on violent behaviour. His clients include Hollywood stars and Government agencies.
Reading this book will shatter any misconceptions, that a lot of violent acts are unpredictable. It offers specific ways to protect yourself and your loved ones. It explains
- How to act when you’re approached by a stranger.
- When you should fear someone close to you.
- Learning to spot the ‘Pre Contact Cues’ of a threatening person.
- What to do if you are being stalked.
He teaches you to spot the danger signals other people miss.
“Protecting The Gift”
As the title of the book clearly states, the purpose of this book is to give you some very important tools to help protect the most precious gift we will ever ‘own’…our childeren.
It gives you the parent the information you need to know to spot potential dangers and even more importantly, how to teach children to keep themselves safe.
Inside the book you will read real life stories of parents who trusted their instincts and acted upon the, and parents who didn’t. Some of the topics covered are:
- What teenage bays and girls need to know to be safe.
- Do not discount your child’s intuition.
- Why teaching a child not to talk to strangers may prevent them from getting help.
- How to teach a child who is lost to ask for help.
- How to spot predatory behaviour.
There may be some stories that will be tough to read but it may assist you some day in protecting your gift….Your child.
Enjoy reading x